Heather Smith

What's great about pajamas is how different they are from anything else in your wardrobe. Think about it. What else comes close? You might say 'well, they're pretty similar to my velour track suit'. That may be true, but is your velour track suit printed with Hello Kitty?

The thing about PJs, besides their undeniable comfort factor, is their ability to allow a grown woman (or man) to wear childish prints - when else is it acceptable for someone over the age of six to wear Elmo?

I would never wear a shirt adorned with a Muppet but I'd kill for an Animal nightshirt. And if footed pajamas came in adult size, I'd buy a pair in bubblegum pink ... printed with bunnies ... with a flap on the bum.

I know what you're thinking. Where the hell did the velour track suit reference come from? I dunno. I think they were popular, like, ten years ago. You could get them with things written across the bum, like Juicy and Luscious. I'd never wear anything written across my bum in public, but I'd consider Snoozapalooza across the arse of my jammies ... I'm sure it would fit.

These are my random thoughts on my favourite article of clothing, scribed at 7:30 pm, as I sit in my easy chair, already wearing my 'slices of cake' pajamas.

I know what you're thinking. Who the hell says 'easy chair'? Apparently I just turned into a seventy-five year old man, in which case I need to get myself off to Sears for a pair of button down pajamas, tartan, flannel, and with a matching robe.

I might even get myself a night cap.
Labels: | edit post
4 Responses
  1. Nancy Barnes Says:

    Don't forget your tartan slippers!!! Oh, and in case you forgot, I have a pair of sweatpants that I only use to wear to bed or lounge around that say "Heartbreaker" across the arse. YAY for lounge wear!!


  2. Hahaha - I never saw those - I need a pair.


  3. CLB Says:

    I am sure that Snoozapalooza will fit across your big arse too!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    I am thinking of having "Old Biddy" tatooed onto the arse of my PJs.


Post a Comment