Heather Smith

I will never again try to have a deep and serious discussion with Edgerton while he is drinking an espresso. Last night, while we were standing in the kitchen having a serious chat, I was distracted by a peculiar head jerking motion Edgie insisted on performing every time he took a sip from his Illy cup.

"What the hell are you doing?" I finally asked.

"What?"

"That thing. With your head."

A blank stare.

I sighed. "The head jerk thing."

Nothing.

I demonstrated with my imaginary cup, almost giving myself whiplash.

"Oh that," said Edgie. "It's the proper way to taste an espresso." He then gave an explanation that described when to inhale, when to exhale, when to enjoy the coffee flowing over the tongue and when to swallow. Man, he's anal.

I think this Father's Day, just to be evil, I'll bring him breakfast in bed, a cup of instant Folgers placed lovingly next to his toast. Somehow I don't think it'll be the best part of waking up.

I'll post the pic.
Labels: , | edit post
6 Responses
  1. Don Says:

    Great line...wouldn't it be great if it played out like the commercial Folger's had of replacing the coffee in a restaurant?


  2. Nancy Barnes Says:

    OMG I can't stop laughing!!!!


  3. Iron Monkey Says:

    And for the record, what's with that picture?

    It's either an espresso inappropriately served in a cappuccino cup; or a single shot espresso served in an espresso cup, which is hardly worth making OR drinking.

    Whichever it is, it is NOT a suitable picture to use in describing my proper enjoyment of the 2 ounces of amber syrupy nectar extracted in 25 seconds from 16g of perfectly ground and tamped Epic Espresso beans freshly roasted by 49th Parallel Roasters of Burnaby, British Columbia.

    Blasphemer!


  4. Nancy Barnes Says:

    Oh, Iron Edgerton, the more you protest, the more I laugh.


  5. CLB Says:

    It's just coffee dude. Every morning I wake up with Nabob Traditions Coffee. It's ever so delightful.


  6. Iron Monkey Says:

    It's just coffee dude?
    IT'S JUST COFFEE DUDE??
    IT'S. JUST. CO, JU, JUST COFFEE???
    How could you????? Do I know you?????? Who are you???????? Next thing you'll say is you enjoy Folger's instant... or decaf.
    Pssshh


Post a Comment