Heather Smith

Well I finally did it. I convinced Edgie to move to the Yorkshire Dales. In Spring 2010. For one year. I can’t wait!!

We’ll be living in a quaint hamlet called Foxup in the valley of Littondale.

It was an amazing turn of events. Edgerton's company is opening a branch office in nearby Harrogate. I almost pooped myself when I heard. I didn't need to say a word. Before I could open my mouth sweet dear Edgie said "I'll put in for a transfer." I jumped on him. I did a number on his back. I felt bad. But then I thought about springtime in the Dales and immediately felt better.

The picture above is an actual photo of Foxup. Click to enlarge. Our cottage is the one in the distance to the right. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

I will frolic with The Youngsters across the countryside. I will visit the local pub. I will stalk the local veterinarian and assist him in the birthing of the animals whether he likes it or not. I will be one with The Yorkshire Dales.

My wildest dreams will be realized.
Labels: , | edit post
5 Responses
  1. CLB Says:

    April Fools to you too!


  2. Nancy Barnes Says:

    You guys will be pretty busy with all the moving!! Norway, the Dales...


  3. How unfortunate that our good news coincided with April Fools Day. Had I thought about it I would have withheld my announcement until tomorrow.



  4. Okay, I jest. No one really believed me anyway. But someday I will have my thatched cottage and sleep to the sound of sheep. Someday I will pretend to be James Herriot. So if anyone from the Dales is reading this - LOCK UP YOUR ANIMALS!


Post a Comment